Terms of Service – Client / Hiring Managers
THE FOLLOWING IS NOT FOR JOB SEEKERS. IF YOU ARE SEEKING EMPLOYMENT, THE FOLLOWING DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE FOLLOWING APPLIES ONLY TO HIRING COMPANIES / CLIENTS WHO ARE CURRENTLY UTILIZING THE SERVICES OF STERLING LIFE SCIENCE SEARCH, OR ARE CONSIDERING THE USE OF STERLING LIFE SCIENCE’S SERVICES.
This disclaimer is hereby addressed to all companies and/or hiring managers that contact or engage Sterling-Hoffman or its affiliates for the purpose of filling employment positions (independent of seniority, function, salary, or employment status) with their respective companies (all such clients/hiring managers are hereinafter referred to as ‘CLIENTS’). Please read the following terms and conditions before contacting our firm
Sterling-Hoffman is a recruitment & staffing firm that will assist you in identifying ‘candidates’ (people who may have an interest in employment with your company on a permanent or temporary basis). Unless otherwise specified in a fee agreement agreed to by both Client and Sterling-Hoffman, our fee is 33% of a candidate’s first year’s compensation, including base salary and bonuses. Unless otherwise specified in a fee agreement signed by both parties, any fees due to Sterling-Hoffman are in consideration of the REFERRAL OF THE CANDIDATE and are payable in full immediately upon one of the following events (whichever occurs sooner):
- Signing of a formal offer letter of employment by a candidate we refer to you;
- Issuance of an invoice from Sterling-Hoffman to your company;
- First formal date of employment by a candidate we refer to you;
Sterling-Hoffman will endeavor to refer candidates who fit the description you have provided. However, Sterling-Hoffman is not responsible for any of the following:
- On the job performance of the candidate while with your company;
- The duration of employment of any candidate we refer to you;
- Any damages you suffer as a result of hiring a candidate referred by Sterling-Hoffman ;
- Whether or not the candidate appears for work after signing the offer letter
Unless otherwise specified in a fee agreement signed and agreed to by both parties, Sterling-Hoffman is not obligated to perform any form of reference checking, background checking, education verification, screening or interviewing with a candidate we refer to any Client, EXCEPT to verify that the candidate has a bonafide interest in discussing potential employment with that specific client. A Client may not refuse to pay the referral fee on the basis of unsatisfactory screening procedures.
As a Client, you will at all times have complete control, authority, and 100% decision making power over the following:
- Whether to interview (on the phone or in person) a candidate we refer;
- Whether to incur any expenses related to interviewing a candidate we refer;
- Whether or not to extend an offer to a candidate we refer, and what the terms of that offer (including salary, bonus, benefits, job title, reporting structure, stock options, etc.) should be;
- What responsibilities to assign to the candidate and how to incent / motivate / reward / discipline the candidate while he/she is employed with your company
Conversely, Sterling-Hoffman will have no right or involvement in decisions concerning the above items except to provide opinions/commentary when specifically asked by a Client on the same. Therefore, Sterling-Hoffman is not responsible for ANY OF THE ABOVE LISTED DETAILS. Once again, Sterling-Hoffman is not responsible in any way for the performance of a candidate we refer to your company and any fees you pay are in consideration of the referral.